Odisha Sickle Cell Project: Place of Activity
- Twelve District Headquarter Hospitals (DHH):Sambalpur, Jharsuguda, Sundergarh, Deogarh, Bargarh, Bolangir,Angul,Boudh,Kalahandi,Kandhamal,Nuapada & Sonepur.
- At V.S.S.Medical College Burla: Territory care Hospital
- A dedicated sickle cell clinic is functioning at Room no-11 in the OPD Building at V.S.S.Medical College,Burla.The average numbers of patient attending to it are 80 to 90 per day
- In this clinic we undertake clinical consultation, registration, collection of detailed data, enrolments, treatment, counselling of SCD patients and their families and follow up.
- An advanced state of the art molecular biology sickle cell laboratory for free investigation and research of the patient has been established.
- A drug depot has been developed for free distribution of costly medicine (Hydroxyurea). More than 2600 patients have been distributed drugs.
- Undertaken CME activity & International conference.