Odisha Sickle Cell Project: Aim
- Develop an infrastructure for investigation ,registration, treatment, follow-up & counselling of all patients with sickle cell disease of odisha.
- Screening of population for sickle cell haemoglobinopathies and maintaining a database.
- To provide these facilities at all peripheral hospitals.
- To develop a state of the art laboratory at V.S.S. Medical College, Burla for research and to develop newer treatment strategies.
- Establishment of a dedicated SICKLE CELL Institute at V.S.S. Medical College Hospital Campus,Burla.